Monday, February 18, 2013

Birthday wishes

 Earlier this week, I dicided to clean up my craft closet. I found a box with beads and such for bracelets. Well when my daughter was 8 she loved to make bracelets on her birthday party with girl friends but now she's (almost) 15 no more. Actually, I wanted to trow the box in the garbage bag  but my curiosity couldn't resist and yet when I  looked in the box there were some very beautiful sequin in. Yes I had to use them. And the beads right too. The rest I do have thrown away though.

Eerder deze week ben ik flink aan het opruimen geweest. Ik kwam een doosje tegen met kralen en dergelijke voor armbanden. Tja toen mijn dochter 8 was vond ze dat leuk om te doen op haar verjaardagsfeestje met vriendinnen maar nu ze (bijna) 15 is niet meer. Eigenlijk wilde ik het doosje zo de vuilniszak in gooien maar mijn nieuwsgierigheid kon het niet laten en toch maar even in het doosje gekeken en wat wil ... er zaten hele mooie pailletten in. Ja die moest ik gebruiken. En de kraaltjes gelijk ook maar. Tja als we dan toch bezig zijn .... De rest heb ik wel weggegooid hoor.


Combined it with paper from an older paperblock from the Scrapcake-My Private Happiness and the sketch from CAS (E) this Sketch. Unfortunately my daughter saw the card this morning, because it was kind of fun to give this for her birthday next Thursday. But well  reason enough to make an other card with that cute sequins. 

Gecombineerd met papier uit een wat ouder blokje van de Scrapcake - My Private Happiness en de sketch van CAS(E) this Sketch. Helaas heeft dochterlief het kaartje vanochtend zien staan want het was wel leuk geweest om dit voor haar verjaardag te geven aanstaande donderdag. Maar goed rede te meer om nog een kaartje te maken met die leuke pailletten. 

Challenges

15 comments:

  1. het gaat je goed, de sobere kaartjes ! heel erg geslaagd !
    grtjs, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat leuk Sientje! en zo kom je nog eens wat tegen he, haha. Leuk kaartje geworden hoor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een mooi , clean kaartje. (heb h'm gepind )
    Super ik zou willen dat ik ook zo'n fantasie had.

    Mieke

    ps: alvast gefeliciteerd !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful torn edge on your piece of DP - and lovely shine on the splash of pretty sequins! Glad you didn't just throw them all out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat weer een geweldige mooie kaart, super elegant.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card grabbed my attention in the list at CAS(E) this Sketch! Love everything about it. Those sequins are AMAZING! So glad you joined us at CTS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a truly beautiful card, Sientje. I love the torn paper and all the subtle embellishments. Glad to 'meet' another sister-in-Christ. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty in the soft colours, but my favourite part is the sequins! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely darling! I love the paper and the bigger circles - but the sequins are the perfect touch!! I love that it sparkles but it is soft and gentle all at the same time!! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card and congrats on your win over at CAS(E) this sketch! Well deserved.
    Nice to "meet" another sister-in-Christ. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Sientje! Your card is brilliant and well-deserving of the win this week at CAS(E)!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your win, Sienthe!
    You already know I adore your CAS style, so I would like to pass this award to you:
    http://kartenchaos.blogspot.de/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    Hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your well deserved win! I just love those sequins!

    ReplyDelete